Middle East Truths

Alternate views from an American citizen.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

No More, No More, Boycott Israeli products.

No more. No more. That is what I told myself this morning. When I realized the extent and horror of what the Israeli government had authorized against an unarmed, convoy of peace activists, is tantamount, clearly surpassing the 1970 Kent State riot shooting in the US, which in conjunction with Watergate brought down then President Nixon. In talking with James Reston, aide to Frost and main player in crafting the interview that brought us “I am not a criminal”, it was clear that the Kent State shootings played heavily on his mind and was a driving factor in bringing down that president. In a presentation that he did, in which I assisted him with on the A/V side, he added a slide picture of the shootings in conjunction with Neil Young’s popular song “Ohio”, relating to that shooting. Clearly, the imagery and the music, brought the message forward about just how inhumane shooting innocent civilians can be.

I have written literally thousands of articles, went to the occupied territories and did humanitarian aid work, I have lobbied, protested and screamed at the top of my lungs, but I just haven’t found that magical word, that magical phrase that hits home with my fellow Americans that these are people, first and foremost, people who like ourselves have very little to say about what their government does. They have as much control over Hamas as I do over Obama and his support for Israel. I know the frustration of the people, but like the Serbian people who stood on bridges with targets on their shirts challenging the United States Air Force, what are they supposed to do, show love for their captors, for the people who have caged them inside walls, from individuals who support those people who commit these crimes against these people.

After this last attack on an Aid Ship heading for Gaza, Israel expanded its war against the Palestinians to now include 32 nations represented in that flotilla. And as Turkish Prime Minister Erdoggan stands up against Israel, the silence from other countries represented in that flotilla is deafening. I think Nicaragua is one of the only other countries who has withdrawn their ambassador, not Egypt, not any of the other countries in the world who have relations with Israel. It is sad to think that Nicaragua is leading the world in doing what is right, but from my point of view, I only know I have a much deeper respect of the Nicaraguan government than my country would like me to have.

So, no more, no more, what does that mean? Well, I have been an avid proponent of the Palestinian peoples for almost a decade now. I became supportive of them because I had the chance to sponsor a Muslim child in the occupied territories and that led me to research and understand a lot more. The trip I took 4 years ago cemented it in my mind, what is happening there is wrong and why is my government supporting it. As I said earlier, I have tried everything I can think of to changed the situation except what everyone else has suggested and I have always thought as a waste of time. In addition, I like a lot of the things I am going to have to give up, but I think the time has come.

Boycott Israel. That is what I am talking about. And I don’t mean don’t do major business with and Israeli company, I mean not supporting anyone who supports the Zionist regime in charge in Israel. I am the first to admit that if I need a tube of caulk or a good price on wood, I am going to Home Depot, no more, no more. When my girlfriend wants that new Estee Lauder perfume, no more, no more. I love my soft drinks and my Coke products, but for my friends in Palestine, no more, no more, and actually, it is probably better for my health.

So no more, no more, means no more supporting any Israeli products no matter how much I enjoy them, knowing how much suffering is going on in Palestine and I am supporting the companies that support a Zionist regime. Will they miss my money, probably not, but with this blog, I am hoping that I can convince a number of you to join me. If you feel as though this was an unjust act, even if you think Israel is correct in its blockade, but crossed the line on this. If you are Jewish and you feel the Israeli government is not listening to your desire to have peace with the Palestinians, or if you are like me, an American who has seen more bad things with his own eyes against the Palestinians that I don’t need another reason to boycott, join me. Lets change the world, one product at a time.

I have included some of these products in this blog and a link to the website that has its own reasoning for why you should join.

KIMBERLY-CLARK 
In 1998 Mr. Robert P. Van der Merwe, chairman of Kimberly-Clark Europe received the Jubilee Award by the Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu. This is the highest tribute ever awarded by the "State of Israel" in recognition of those individuals and organizations, that through their investments and trade relationships, have done the most to strengthen the Israeli economy.
COCA-COLA 
From 1966 onward Coca-Cola has been a staunch supporter of Israel. Recently the Government of Israel Economic Mission honored Coca-Cola at the Israel Trade Award Dinner for its continued support of Israel for the last 30 years and for refusing to abide by the Arab League boycott of Israel.
NESTLE 
Swiss food giant Nestle will set up a global research and development center for snack foods next year in Sderot, a town in Israel's Negev desert, the Maariv newspaper reported on Sunday. Nestle owns 50.1 percent of Israeli food maker Osem Investments and the two together produce snack foods at a plant in Sderot.
INTEL 
Intel is one of the biggest supporters of Israel. Their very first development center outside the US was opened in Haifa in 1974. Since then they have continued pouring investment in to Israel. By year 2000 they employed over 4000 Israelis. Exports from their Lachish-Qiryat Gat plant in israel total $3 million a day at peak capacity - approximately $ 1 billion a year. The Intel plant at "Qiryat Gat" is built on land Israel confiscated from the Palestinian villages of Iraq al Manshiya. Iraq al Manshiya was a village of 2000 people living in 300 houses with two mosques and one school. The original Palestinian inhabitants were terrorized out of the village and then the whole village was razed to the ground to prepare the way for the new Israeli settlement of Qiryat Gat. Today the remaining population from Iraq al Manshiya is still not allowed to return.
SARA LEE 
In 1998, Mr. Lucien Nessim of Sara Lee Personal Products received the Jubilee Award by the Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu. This is the highest tribute ever awarded by the "State of Israel" in recognition of those individuals and organizations, that through their investments and trade relationships, have done the most to strengthen the Israeli economy
DISNEY 
The Disney Company is owned by Jewish Mogul Michael Eisner. He owns a vast media empire that includes the ABC television network, numerous news dailies, national magazines, Hollywood film companies and a large number of radio stations. One radio station in Los Angeles, KABC 790 AM recently broadcast comments by Jewess Gloria Alred to the effect that the Islamic prisoners at Guantanamo should be tortured by having their "balls" extracted with pliers in order to make them talk. The news and commentaries made through Michael Eisner's media octopus are extremely Islamophobic and anti-Palestinian.

Click on the blog title to take you to the a website that lists more labels and products to boycott.

Shalom, Shukran and thank you and please join me in no more, no more!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home